I’m new at this particular blogging tool, but can’t wait to tell you about Yarn Harvest!
You want details?
Yarn Harvest is a yarn crawl of the local yarn shops of the Lower Mainland.
Join your fellow knitters, spinners, and fibrephiles and visit as many of the participating local yarn shops in one day as time, your feet and your wallet will allow.
For a $5 registration fee, you get a Yarn Harvest ID button, a 10% discount on purchases made at participating stores on Yarn Harvest day, any additional activities or promotions offered by the stores (we hear there are some great extras coming along), entry in the Grand Prize Draw, and an invitation to the Harvest Dinner where we’ll be drawing for multiple door prizes. (Note: The cost of dinner is NOT included in the registration fee.)
Pre-Registration of Harvesters opens Aug 10. Limited in-person registration will be available on Yarn Harvest Day at a few select locations.
We have several different ways for you to get your memberships.
- Preregister in person, with cash, at 88 Stitches in Langley, at Black Sheep in Port Moody, or at Gina Brown’s in Vancouver
- Via PayPal. Contact us at email@example.com to get the process started.
- Any Monday evening at Cafe Pelorina, 19390 68th Avenue, Surrey. It’s where the Yarn Harvest organization team does it’s knitting and scheming.
Then show up at one of the pick-up points on Harvest Day (88 Stitches, Black Sheep, or Baaad Anna’s 2667 East Hastings Vancouver) to receive your information packages and Yarn Harvest ID badge. If you have your receipt in hand, the process will go quickly.
You can buy your membership on Harvest day by showing up at one of the pick-up points with your $5 in hand.
For more information:
- Meet up with the organizing team at Cafe Pelorina (19390 – 68th Ave, Surrey B.C. Canada) any Monday evening.
- Twitter: #YarnHarvest
Confirmed Participating Retailers include:
- Aunt Debbie’s Knit and Stitch Shop, Chilliwack
- Woolaroo, Abbotsford
- 88 Stitches, Langley Walnut Grove
- Black Sheep Yarns, Port Moody
- Plum Project Studio, Deep Cove North Vancouver
- Baaad Anna’s, East Hastings Street Vancouver PNE
- Three Bags Full, Main Street Vancouver
- Gina Brown’s Vancouver, West Broadway near Alma
- Knitopia, White Rock
- Penelope Fibre, White Rock/South Surrey
- Sweet Georgia Studio, Vancouver.
And…today for the 8 artists and indie dyers who are also confirmed.
Preregister before Harvest Day and get an extra entry in the prize draw.
After a long day of harvesting, join your fellow knitters for dinner, a little “look what I found today” socializing, and prize draws. (Just a reminder: The cost of the Dinner is NOT included in your Yarn Harvest membership.)
We’ve booked the private dining room at ABC Country Restaurant (100 Schoolhouse Street, Coquitlam. Google Map: Yarn Harvest Dinner) from 5-10pm. It’s located just off the Lougheed Hwy, next to the Trans-Canada Hwy, on the north/west side of the Port Mann bridge. You and your party will be seated and served as you arrive.
If you’re not into ABC fare, there are several other restaurants that share the same parking lot or are located nearby.
Prize draws will take place starting about 8pm. You must be present to win the minor door prizes, but do not have to be present to win the Grand Prize.
Stop by our Ravelry group to ask questions or organize a carpool.
(I’m sure this posting could be better organized… –Donna)