We are deep in the planning for Yarn Harvest 2013. Stay tuned for further details!
The Fraser Valley Knitters’ Guild presents…
Saturday, Sept. 22, 2012
Come join us for Yarn Harvest! — A yarn shop crawl in Vancouver and the Fraser Valley (British Columbia, Canada). We had such a good time last couple of years that we’ve decided to do it again this year!
Join your fellow knitters, crocheters, spinners, and fibrephiles and visit as many of the participating local yarn shops in one day as time, your feet and your wallet will allow. Check out our group on Ravelry, Yarn Harvest, to contact other participants about carpooling.
A $5 registration fee ($5.50 online) will get you a Yarn Harvest pin, 15% off most of your purchases at participating stores, and an official Yarn Harvest swag bag for the first 200 registered Harvesters. PLUS in-store promotions, contests, and draws.
You can purchase your Yarn Harvest registration at 88 Stitches, Baaad Anna’s, or Woolaroo starting Aug. 1 or online (via e-mail and PayPal). Don’t lose your pin! It’s your ticket to the event.
Register online here!
Online registration is now closed. You can still register at the shops listed above, which will be selling pins until the 22nd, so you can register on the day of. If you have registered after the 15th, you are not guaranteed a goody bag (although the pick-up shops will have extras, our supplies are limited).
Shops will be open from 9 am-5 pm on the day unless otherwise noted.
Prize Draw & Dessert: There will be a prize draw with a variety of prizes–stitch markers, patterns from local designers, books, among others–at 7 pm on September 22nd. We will be at the Canadian Museum of Flight in Langley. You must be present to win a prize. Dessert will be provided. We’re asking for $5 to help us cover the cost of the food.
- 88 Stitches, Langley
- Baaad Anna’s, Vancouver
- Black Sheep Yarns, Port Moody
- Three Bags Full, Vancouver
- Urban Yarns, Vancouver
- Sweet Georgia Yarns, Vancouver
- Gina Brown’s Yarn, Vancouver
- Knit & Stitch Shoppe, West Vancouver
- Shan’s Needleworks, New Westminster
- Aunt Debbie’s Knit and Stitch, Chilliwack (Open from 10-5) / Woolaroo, Abbotsford
- Once Upon a Sheep, Maple Ridge
- Wet Coast Wools, Vancouver
- Birkeland Brothers, Abbotsford
- Chilliwack Wool and Craft Shop, Chilliwack
Other local participating artists:
- Quo Vadis Handspun, New Westminster
- Fetching Knits
- Button Button, Vancouver (Tax-free purchases for Yarn Harvesters on the 22nd)
- Strung Out on Beads, Abbotsford (coupons in the goody bags!)
- Kellie’s Beads, Maple Ridge
- Purl Bumps (Judy Marples), Langley (you can find her at 88 Stitches)
- Jane Richmond
- Penelope Fibre Arts, Surrey/White Rock
- We Will Tell You All of Our Secrets, Vancouver (available at Baaad Anna’s)
- Epenthetical Designs
For more information, to ask questions, or to connect with other Harvesters (organize a carpool!) join us in our Yarn Harvest Ravelry group.